In the current environment using a travel agent is just common sense. They have the knowledge and experience to find the perfect deal without the uncertainty of the internet.
- For security and peace of mind. A licensed travel agent is a member of the Travel Compensation Fund. There is no way of knowing who owns an internet site, who is sitting at the other end answering your query, or how reputable the site is.
- Travel agents use reputable suppliers who rate their properties through personal inspection. The hotel you see on the internet may not even exist.
- Sometimes it appears cheaper on the internet! Travel agents’ charges are fully inclusive of all taxes and fees. They will tell you if you are going to incur extra charges or costs prior to your arrival. Internet providers doesn’t always inform you about additional charges, as the cheapest price often secures the booking.
- Travel agents will quote you the price that is available when you want to travel. Many internet sites only quote low season prices. Travel agents will quote you the price that is availabe when you want to travel. As you are dealing with a person and can discuss your needs and prices.
- Many travel consultants have travelled to the destinations you want to visit. Their personal experience and recommendations can assist in planning your trip.
Travel agents can offer a choice of routes and airlines. They have access to thousands of combination airfares – always looking at your needs.
- Make sure you are aware of all the rules and conditions governing internet fares and are happy to abide by the restrictions. Travel agents are experienced at interpreting airfare regulations and will ensure you can make informed decisions.
- Don’t be rushed or pressured!. Travel agents can hold a booking for 24 hours or longer to make it easier for you to make a decision – even without a deposit. On the internet you have to make an instant purchase.
- Will the internet be able to organise your seat allocation? Or make sure you get the cabin or room of your choice? Or book a transfer, sightseeing tour or theatre tickets? Your travel agent can! And it only takes one phone call from you.
- Who do you call when you want to changing or cancelling your travel arrangements. Just one call your personal travel agent and the job is done.
- Who do you blame if something goes wrong? Are you happy to take the responsibility yourself? A travel agent has more accountability than the internet. It’s in their interest to look after you. You know where to find them, and they’ll be there when you return.
- Researching on the net can be advantageous – booking on the net can be a risky business!